After a trip through the Friday morning farmer's market in Nanaimo, we set south as vacation is coming to an end. We covered 40 miles and ended our day at Cowichan Bay, still in British Columbia. I enjoyed this little town as much as Ganges on Salt Springs Island, with plenty of fun waterfront shops to look at including a great maritime museum with old wooden boats and historic Mercury and Atlas engines. We had an early dinner on the boat, then my Aunt and I went to the Rock Cod Cafe and followed up with a bowl of clam chowder and prawns, just for good measure. Later today we will make it Friday Harbor (back in the U.S.), declare customs, then my Uncle and I have reservations on the Victoria Clipper that goes between the San Juan Islands and Seattle. I fly home on Monday.
Saturday, August 25, 2012
Weekend of the 25th
Friday August 24
After a trip through the Friday morning farmer's market in Nanaimo, we set south as vacation is coming to an end. We covered 40 miles and ended our day at Cowichan Bay, still in British Columbia. I enjoyed this little town as much as Ganges on Salt Springs Island, with plenty of fun waterfront shops to look at including a great maritime museum with old wooden boats and historic Mercury and Atlas engines. We had an early dinner on the boat, then my Aunt and I went to the Rock Cod Cafe and followed up with a bowl of clam chowder and prawns, just for good measure. Later today we will make it Friday Harbor (back in the U.S.), declare customs, then my Uncle and I have reservations on the Victoria Clipper that goes between the San Juan Islands and Seattle. I fly home on Monday.
![]()
A photo of the Victoria Clipper I took earlier in the trip. This thing does 35+ knots on the water.
![]()
After a trip through the Friday morning farmer's market in Nanaimo, we set south as vacation is coming to an end. We covered 40 miles and ended our day at Cowichan Bay, still in British Columbia. I enjoyed this little town as much as Ganges on Salt Springs Island, with plenty of fun waterfront shops to look at including a great maritime museum with old wooden boats and historic Mercury and Atlas engines. We had an early dinner on the boat, then my Aunt and I went to the Rock Cod Cafe and followed up with a bowl of clam chowder and prawns, just for good measure. Later today we will make it Friday Harbor (back in the U.S.), declare customs, then my Uncle and I have reservations on the Victoria Clipper that goes between the San Juan Islands and Seattle. I fly home on Monday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment