Friday, September 10, 2010

The Nikon is finally starting to pay me back

My quest for interior artwork has come up dry. After a year of searching I was unable to find anything that I liked AND could afford. Sure, I would love to have a Vicky Asp (local artist) vineyard tripytch on my wall, but it costs $2,850. And I found lots of stuff I could afford, but you will notice those were left behind like a bad habit. I finally came to the conclusion that some of my photos are good enough to hang on the wall, so I did it. Here's a canvas triptych that I had printed and is now hanging in my living room. Maybe it's the fact that I took the photo, maybe it simply reminds me of an amazing vacation with amazing friends and family, or maybe it's ugly as sin and I am afflicted with the "face only a mother could love" syndrome, but here it is:



The thing is pretty big at 64x32" plus the spacing between panels. It fills the space nicely between two windows and the yellow colors match another photo I have hanging above the fireplace. I like how the image wraps around the corners and provides dimension. I will be having more canvases made for other rooms of my house and a friend is blowing up my "Shoal Bay in the morning fog" photo posted a few weeks ago from my British Columbia trip to hang in her living room.


The 4Runner just turned 10 years old and just hit 100,000 miles, so it got a bath and a detail. I still like this truck as much as the day I bought it.

3 comments:

  1. I always hear about your endeavors before you post; consequence of working with my hubby. But, I love the canvas. Would love to do that at our house. There was one like that at the house we rented in Bend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goal is to keep my friends close enough that they know what's going on in my life before they read about it here.

    My print shows up on their website but I'm not sure how to get all three panels to display:
    http://www.canvasondemand.com/scripts/img.aspx?w=300&f=photos/sharemycanvas/_P353203_0_232958_MW_1of3.jpg

    You two have some amazing photos; I would definitely recommend using your own pieces around your home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! What a great idea- might have to steal it for Greg and my photos of the Philippines!

    ReplyDelete