Now the bad. Friday one of my credit card transactions was declined. Turns out someone duplicated my credit card and is trying to use it in North Carolina. Thursday night they charged $3 worth of food on the card (it is typical to start with a small charge to make sure the card works, then move on to the big stuff), then early Friday morning I used my charge card to buy breakfast, then apparently 15 minutes later a $330 charge was requested at Game Stop in North Carolina. The credit card fraud department recognized that two charges thousands of miles apart in less than 15 minutes is suspicious so the card was locked down before they got anything major. I normally run all of my expenses through my credit card and then pay it off every month, so I have my work cut out for me in re-establishing autopayment for virtually everything with my new card.
Labor Day weekend I packed-in the activities. Two bbq's with friends, an overnight "camping" trip with my Dad, sister and Joe and two days of waterskiing on New Melones Lake. Our group had two legitimate tournament ski boats, a Ski Sanger and an MB Sports for you boat people, and it was a real treat to ski behind boats designed specifically for waterskiing.
Here's a not a very flattering picture of me getting up on the ski:

And of course having two ski boats meant we had to have a race. We won. :)

Considering what state I was in this time last year I was simply *elated* to get up on a slalom ski. Seriously, I don't think anything could have made me feel as great as I did at that moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment