Sunday, August 16, 2009

Moved!

Moved...my house is completely moved! With no thanks to me and all the thanks to my wonderful friends and family all of my junk has finally been moved to the new house. My mom and sister spent their weekend cleaning the entire house and getting it ready, from ceiling fans and blinds to cabinets and floors and it looks terrific. They also completely unpacked my kitchen, and that's a good thing because the male species is never going to place kitchenware where it should go. They also got a solid start on cleaning my old Sacramento house.

Bill spent two days vacuuming, shampooing and revaccuming the carpets in the bedrooms with his high-dollar Kirby vacuum. (Bill has a great story about how he was seduced by the Kirby vacuum cleaner man and somehow ended up making payments on a vacuum he never intended to purchase.)

My friends Mike, Adam, Bill and Ricardo worked extremely hard on getting my stuff packed and moved. My furniture made it completely unscathed, well, with the exception of a jar of garlic and the ugliest glass serving bowl you have ever seen in your life. My father and Kathy worked extraordinarily hard packing, moving, cleaning, organizing, unpacking and making sure I was setup and comfortable in my new home. Marin and Maria also cleaned and provided valuable information on where things should go in the house. They have my yard landscaped, paint colors picked and future furniture purchases already selected. That's great because I am comparatively clueless. Mike and Marin's 5 month-old daughter Maggie did not do much but she sure looked cute doing it.

We put a little effort into not looking like the Beverely Hill Billies, but I am not so sure we succeeded:


But we did do better than these guys:




I am exhausted (even though my role was...well, I don't know), so I'm off to bed. I have the greatest group of friends and family that I know are going to sleep well tonight. Thanks again so much for everything!

4 comments:

  1. Ken,

    With respect to moving casualties, you forgot about the covered pillow I ran over on the highway.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That was fast! Welcome to Roseville. Home of the.....er....well...not much. Oh, I know: constant traffic jam on 80. And Denio's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There was no saving that pillow but man was it funny and again, my bad on the garlic and serving bowl. Think of it this way, at least all your rock and brick made it over unscathed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry I couldn't help more but I really wanted to see your place and someone had to entertain the baby!

    ReplyDelete