Today was a good day. Ken felt pretty good most of the day and enjoyed the visitors and blog comments that he received. He is scheduled for surgery on his pelvis tomorrow morning at 7:15 so please have him in your thoughts.
Marin had a great idea to include a "Ken's Quotes of the Day" Section in the blog which we thought was a great idea. In order to ensure originality and lack of censorship by the source, we thought it would be a good idea to keep this section of the blog a secret from Ken until he can access it on his own. So, please enjoy, but do not spill the beans!
Ken's Quotes of the Day
"Okay Mom, don't peak!"
"That's as far as skin can stretch right there!"
"Mom, don't believe anything Mike says."
"When did I have that last Vicodin?"
"That knee cap is going to pop right off....spizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!" (sound effect provided by Ken)
"I don't know about you guys, but I had fun today!" (and he really meant it. Thanks to all who made what could have been a boring, miserable day, a fun day for him)
Hey I tell no lies or exaggeratons although I did bring up the "ate some bad chicken" story. I think Diane has learned a lot in the past few days, all good things Ken.
ReplyDeleteA couple of quotes:
Good one from Diane
"Let's wait until they put Ken in a room with windows that open" in reagrds to Marin bringing him some chili.
From Ken
"Hey Mike you gotta come see this" Showing off his hip.
"I've got some monster eye boggers"
"Can I use brake cleaner to clean that" To the nurse cleaning up his right hand.
"That guy has been trying to escape all day" Sounds like Ken is the best patient in the joint.
and best of all in response to one of the surgeons regarding Kens progress
"Well that's really good news. That makes me really happy"
Mornin', Ken.
ReplyDeleteI thought I would rent out your BriBuck's Coffee cup. I mean, it's just sittin there, not doin nuthin. I was hoping that I might get an extra cup of coffee while you're gone, but Brian has already cut back on the amount that he brews.
I must say, you certainly came up with a remarkable way of treating the nerve damage in your fingertips that you were complaining about. How's that going? And they were worried that you might file for Workman's Comp for a job related injury. Sure fooled them!
Good luck with the rest of the restoration project. I hope that the surgery goes smooth and easy.
See you soon.
Dave
Ken,
ReplyDeleteJust heard the news. Hell of a way to get some press time and a ride in a helicopter. From what I am reading it sounds like you will get all restored and I am sure you will be back to your "normal" activity level in no time. So just hiking was not enough for you....you had to go and invent extreme hiking? I will check back to see how you are doing.
Lew (Moeller)
Hey Ken,
ReplyDeleteJust heard the news! Glad to hear you are on your way to recovery. Did you forget to wear your Super Ken outfit that day? If you were wearing it, then make sure you take it back for a refund, because it sounds like it was defective. :) Let me know if you need anything from down here. Get well soon and I'll be checking in often.
Chris