Friday, June 26, 2009

Transfer to Kaiser in Roseville

Today Ken was released from Sutter Roseville and was transferred to Kaiser Roseville. We will miss the nurses and staff at Sutter...they were fabulous! At Kaiser, Ken is in the ICU (West), 2nd floor, room #13. They expect that they will move him to the orthopedics floor shortly since he will begin physical therapy. He is still in quite a bit of pain, mainly with his wrist, but they are trying to get that under control.


This entire hospital experience has brought a lot of firsts for Ken, including his first ambulance ride. Ken and I rode over to Kaiser together. Twice he asked if they could go Code 3 with full lights and sirens, but he was denied both times.


Ken's Quotes of the Day

"Let me tell you, I am burning up the keyboard here" (regarding his attempt at typing with one hand)


"Take a look at these legs!"


"I've still got my game!" (in reference to hitting the happy face line with the breath tester)


"I'm glad I was able to provide you with a fun packed day"

The orthopedic surgeon said, "Yes, basically you have three flats."


"Whatever it takes to get better"



6 comments:

  1. 3 flats, funny. Glad to hear he was able enough to tranfer and that it went well. Ken if you'd like when we pimp your ride we can put a siren on it and you can go code 3 whenever you want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ken, your quotes crack me up! Keep up the good attitude. Mike, maybe we need to look for a police interceptor model for him. At least he would have that cool A pillar spotlight already on there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you won't have Nurse Rached at Kaiser. Maybe they would have gone to Code 3 if you'd held your breath and set off the monitor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you today, looking much better.

    Good Ken quotes from today:

    "Can you hand me that chapstick, I'm going through this stuf like crazy."

    "Sit down, do you want a cheese burger?"

    "Give me that. Oh yeah. Who's your Daddy? I'm loving this back scratcher."

    "I can start making some trouble." - When the nurse told him that they only keep the trouble ones in ICU.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ken,

    Hang in there, pal! Can you eat whatever you want? Or are you on a restricted diet?

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  6. More quotes I caught that day:

    "Tell them if they want me (in reference to Kaiser), I only travel by helicopter. I don't do just ambulance."

    "It's good looking, with a full on pimp white interior." -talking about the old sebring he's been offered to drive after he gets out of the hospital

    ReplyDelete