Hooray!! Ken was moved out of the ICU today to the Orthopedic Unit at Kaiser Roseville Hospital. He is in room 3111 on the 3rd floor and has a room with a view (the Kaiser parking lot). His room includes a digital television, a curtain, a roll-out bed, and his own bathroom! The room is much more comfortable and seems more quiet.
Ken has had a good day. Joe brought him a Peach Pleasure Jamba Juice and he received another two pints of blood. That should pep him up for his physical therapy tomorrow.
Ken has discovered “Ken’s Quotes of the Day” but it has not seemed to have affected the quality or quantity of comments.
Ken's Quotes of the Day
"I don’t look like the Unibomber anymore." (after receiving a nice, clean shave)
"Don’t be cheap on me." (Referring to mom pouring him Jamba Juice)
"Mom, I have a fun job for you if you choose to accept it."
"This thing sounds like it is brewing coffee." (Referring to his blood transfusion this afternoon)
"Joe, you don’t want to do that." (Referring to attaching the climbing dolls to the fire sprinkler)
My Mom said, “Please don’t leave me out in the hallway when I’m old. Joe replied, “Don’t worry Diane, we’ll set you in the stairway.”
Ken said, "I like the quotes of the day. That way people don’t think I am sitting here miserable in pain, even though I kind of am."
“I like this room. I feel more comfortable here.”
Sounds like the new room is treating you well. I hope this blood likes you and decides to stay around. Next time I come in I should bring you a bag of rubber bands to shoot at the monkey. I think you should hang it on the fire sprinkler for target practice. With you and Aaron gone there is no one to shoot at the sprinklers at work.
ReplyDeleteTwo more pints? Are you leaking? If you're not careful, BloodSource will start using you as a poster child soon!
ReplyDeleteLet us know when you want visitors. Kaiser is about 2 minutes from our house.
Does ken have wi-fi in the new room?
ReplyDeleteHi Ken,
ReplyDeleteGlad you got a better room. Back in HS, I was laid out for 2 weeks. I had one night where I had to share a room w/ a large, smelly man who shat in his garments for the entire night. I screamed bloody murder until they moved me out at 11pm.
Anyways, I wanted to propose if we could add a new section called "Ask Ken" where folks in the peanut gallery can ask you a question and then your blogsters would post your response. If you're up to it, then here's my question:
"Have you called up that cute nurse from the last hospital? If so, when will she wheel you out?"