Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Palm Springs

Hanna and I spent some time in Palm Springs over the holidays--what a neat place!  We hit the Palm Springs Living Desert Museum, which has a good sized zoo, native desert landscaping gardens and an HO-scale railroad with authentic-looking and sounding trains, buildings, tressel bridges and tunnels. 

I am starting to get why they call this place "Palm Springs."
Golden Eagle
With lunch
One very bored Wolf. 
Here kitty kitty
 
I haven't seen one of these in Roseville for a while; you forget how amazing their markings are.



HO-Scale Train
 
The detail was very realistic.  Just like real life, the paint is peeling off this Chevrolet product
Is that a Ford Pinto I see?
Heading south-east on Hwy 111 there isn't much of the town of to see; the really neat part of Palm Springs is on the 3-lane north-west bound side.  After visiting the museum we walked around downtown Palm Springs and had a really great Italian dinner on an outside patio.  The temperature was in the high-70s; gotta love winters in California!
Downtown Palm Springs at night

No comments:

Post a Comment