Today did not go exactly as I had hoped. I was hoping to hear something along the lines of "you banged yourself up pretty good but will be back at it in a month or two." Instead I apparently have some decent nerve damage. For now that means a good amount of nerve pain in my right leg and the inability to do certain things with that leg. Running is definately not in the cards for a while and even walking is going to require a little time and physical therapy. The good news is there is lots of room for improvement, so the more exercise I do the quicker rehab will go. You can bet I am right on top of that. I am actually really enjoying my physical therapy appointments at Kaiser. I have a trainer that works side-by-side with me each visit doing different routines. The clientele there is probably the opposite of what you would find at 24Hour Fitness and I think a 75-year old woman winked at me today, but it's all good.
I have more appointments tomorrow with the orthopedists. They plan to take yet more radiographs to determine how the bones are healing. I may end up with the world's most photographed body with the possible exceptions of Gisele, Alyssa and Heidi Klum.
No comments:
Post a Comment